Career Center (CC) strives to provide the highest quality comprehensive career services to all matriculated undergraduate students and alumni of Zaman University. The Career Center functions as a vital component in the total educational experience of students, primarily in the development and implementation of career and educational plans. Career Services fosters partnerships with employers, alumni, faculty, staff, administrators, and the greater community to increase their participation in providing opportunities for the career development of students.
- Student Success: Educate students and alumni to make successful and purposeful career-related decisions through individual meetings, group interactions, current resources, and cutting edge technology.
- Collaboration: Cultivate and maintain partnerships and collaborative programs with employers, the academic community, and other University constituents through providing information, programs and outreach, and interface opportunities and experiences.
- Diversity: Serve the needs of a diverse community seeking career-related information and experience.
- Teamwork: Maintain a collaborative and productive working relationship with our co-workers through open communication, mutual respect and consideration, and teamwork
- Communication: Utilize a variety of media and technology to effectively communicate information, and ideas to students, faculty, employers, staff and the Zaman University community.
- Quality Service: Provide outstanding service to all constituencies in a warm, welcoming, and respectful environment.
CAREER CENTER GOALS
- Assist students and alumni to explore, choose, evaluate, and implement effective career development plans.
- Encourage students and alumni to utilize experiential opportunities as a means to explore careers and build career skills.
- Encourage students and alumni to develop career management skills to enhance their success in obtaining satisfying career employment and/or further education.
- Provide opportunities for students and alumni to gain access to a broad range of employers, employment information, and entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Career Programming/Career Workshops Learn job searching skills, develop competencies, and create a career plan
- Career Advisement/Guidance Improve career decision making skills
- Networking Events Interact face-to-face with employers
- Employment Opportunities Interview with employers, find jobs.
- Career Experience Find internships, part-time and summer jobs, and volunteering and mentoring opportunities for related experience and to gain practical competencies
- Career Resource Information Collect data, identify options, and locate career/job internet resources
- Employer Development Establish, cultivate and maintain contacts with local/regional/national companies
- Technology Primary way to communicate as an office and with students, faculty and employers